Welcome Home Sera!

Welcome Home Sera!

I am still having difficulty uploading pics so this post will be without them. It is such a shame since Sera has wonderful pics. Hopefully soon blogger will let me post pics...

I saw Sera this weekend and she seemed grateful that there were those who were praying for her. Thank You all.

Sera and her group were going into Afghanistan and at the airport in Dubai were held up. On the news, we had heard that there was a Korean missionary group that was going into the country was halted because a grenade was found in a bag. My first thought was that was absolutely absurd unless it was planted there by a customs agent who did not want them going into the country. Before they even got in the country there were muslim clerics protesting their arrival. The news media had gotten the story wrong and I am not surprised. There was no grenade. (Am I really surprised???) Many of the street vendors here wear vests that have many pockets on the front. They wear them to stash their cash and other neccesities needed throughout the day and use these vests as a handbag/ catch all. One of the pockets has a webbing on the front that could look as if it is paramilitary.

With the Afghanistani government not allowing them to come into the country, they called a Korean church and decided to continue their mission in Dubai. They were brought to the Korean church and stayed there for the first night. On the second day they were moved out of the sanctuary to another building. They formed into groups of four people and were going to the various areas outside of Dubai in the country.

I will leave the rest of the story for tomorrow and the coming days.

3 comments:

  1. As I was reading your blog last night I wondered about Sera, so I am glad to know all is well with her group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD! So glad He answered prayer and that she is home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Sera and the others are safe!

    ReplyDelete