Taking the shirt off my back

I can't believe it. I am so dissapointed and I think I'm gonna cry. I had a boxful of clothing in our shed that were my 'skinny clothes' and we had brought them out since my weight is dropping. They were right outside my door and someone came and took them. I am dissapointed that someone else took them, but more dissapointed in myself for leaving them and not pulling them inside. They were there for just a few hours. I went to Taegu today, tried on some clothes and found that I had dropped two dress sizes and I was eager to try these clothes on again and start wearing my 'new' wardrobe. When I got home that is when I realized they are gone. The sad fact is that clothes in Korea for my size have to be specially made and aren't too cheap unless I find something in the PX which is pretty rare here in Korea. Where else can you find a 5'10 inch tall and 'wider' woman then most Koreans in this here part of the world???

I was rejoicing today and the fact they are gone has really put a damper on my celebration. But Praise the Lord. Two dress sizes aint nothing to balk at. =)

Trying to keep a positive outlook...

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about what happened to the clothes! But on the other hand, that is great you have lost 2 sizes!!

    Hope you both have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on losing 2 dress sizes! I certainly have to get back on the wagon now-gained since hubby has been home and all the great food on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ever took those clothes probably needed them desperately.
    Anyone who loses 2 dress sizes deserves new clothes anyways and someone, somewhere just had to help you appreciate that fact. You have to figure you helped someone out with your donation and your success is worth the expense of something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Lil, 2 sizes. That is sooooo cool. Good for you. And as for the clothes, maybe they will find their way to someone who needs them. Now, go SHOPPING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lillian, it's so neat that you lost two sizes! I know you are frustrated and disappointed that the box of clothes is gone. Maybe you can have a few of your favorite things altered and then have a new outfit made periodically? And hey! You are going to drop more, so you wouldn't have been in those clothes long! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, with luck you will drop another two dress sizes and would have needed more clothes anyway. Buy transitional clothes, things that can fit you over a few sizes. :-) I am very glad for your success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, slicky boy got bold! Oh well, I see some shopping in your near future! Congrats on the loss...I'm at a stalemate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm...looks like your going to have to quit buying CQ stuff for now and buy some new clothes. LOL Sorry for your loss, but happy for your other loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would exchange all of my clothes for a two dress size loss right now. I am in a slump. On a serious note, way to go on your weight loss and sorry your clothes you were so eager to get back into ran off.

    ReplyDelete