Seoul Station- the old and the new

When we lived in Korea last time the Old Seoul Station was the train station we used in the largest city in South Korea. It is a wonderful place. Built in 1925 and originally called Keijo Station and later renamed Seoul Station in 1947, it is a place of hustle and bustle and is a great place to people watch- that is, when you aren't running to catch a train. LOL . Lots of hawkers and evangelist greet you as you exit the train station. You can hear singing of gospel preachers and singers and pan pipers playing from different countries with lots of folks gathered around. I really love it. It has such a wonderful nostalgia to it.



And here is the new Seoul Station. I must admit I like the old better. They sit right next to each other. Old Seoul Station on the right and New Seoul Station on the right. I hope they never tear down the old.



How can I NOT resist? Great photo point, eh???

4 comments:

  1. Cassic! Oh, I like the old station so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old station is wonderful. The new one looks like something out of the Jetsons. LOL. Too cute on the 'photo point.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and prefer the first. Does it have a Grand Central Station feel? That's what it reminds me of. Things move really fast there, too? So quickly one has to grab a nap where they can?? Good to 'see' you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, prefer the older one. I love things that have that patina of age, even if they are newly built. The other one looks very efficient and modern. Love the photo point!

    ReplyDelete