Gypsy Purse Block- progress so far
















I've been playing with my Gypsy Purse Block and here is where I am at so far.

All of the laces aren't stitched down. I am thinking of dying them as I have received much inspiration from Pat Winter and her dyed laces here-

http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/

I want to dye the individual little lace flowers below the lace motif. As far as the placement, I really like where they are, and how they lead the eye on a swoop around the bottom of the block.

I still have yet to do the pink patch seam in embroidery above the lady and also the salmon/ beige seam.
I also have a golden key button I am thinking of using after I dull it down some way. (Thank you ladies from the hand embroidery group for suggesting this... you gals are great)

Lillian

No comments:

Post a Comment