Seo Mun Market in Taegu







Fridays are usually the day that I can get out and go shopping. When I get the chance I usually go to Seo Mun Market in Taegu. It is a great place to shop for Crazy Quilting and any other thing that you could possibly think of. There are so many things to look at and buy. To think that this market is smaller then the markets in Seoul is mind boggling . There are literally thousands of stalls to look at here in Seo Mun. Some are in buildings that are 4 stories high and some are outdoors like you see in the pictures. Most stalls are about 8 feet by 8 feet and are piled high with goods. Other stores are a bit larger. (like the lace store pictured)

I take the bus to Taegu and then I walk to the Subway line and catch the underground to go to the market. While walking I couldn't resist the pig that was hanging in one of the butcher shops so I snapped his pic. Following are pics of the market street, one of the sewing aisles where you can buy any kind of notion you can think of, one of my favorite lace shops, and the motifs that I purchased today.

Shopping in Korea is so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh Lillian, That lace stall and the motifs are absolutely "to die for". Wow, you are so lucky to be able to shop at that wonderful market. I found your blog with the descriptions of Taegu and Seo Mun Market very, very interesting. Hope you post a lot more. Thankyou so much,
    Viv in Perth, Western Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Lillian, I would just die to have a day to shop with you in that market! How do you keep yourself from overspending?

    I absolutely love your blog, love seeing your photos of Korea and of your stitching.

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete