Heart for Chain of Hearts


I have almost finished my heart for the chain of hearts group. I haven't presented it to the group yet... I have to admit that I don't really like it. I like everything about it but the green feather stitching with the pink roses is where I went wrong. I shouldn't have gone with a green that is so bright. I think more of an olive green would have been more complementary.

The print was a gift from Rosemarie who sent me a nice gift of goodies. I think this is an apron print or something from the fifties. I really liked the colors. I have a second heart ready for embellishment also.

I still need to trim it down as you can see from the sewing line on the outside. I should be ready to swap this soon. Let's hope some nice person will want to swap this lowly thing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lillian,
    I have been looking at your work, nicely done. I like your heart. I shall explore somemore.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean thread that covers the silk ribbon embroidery leaves? I was thinking I could do the same with the feather stitching too. Would you recomend stitching through the SR leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop already - it isn't 'lowly' - beauty is in the eye of the beholder... remember that! :)

    ReplyDelete