Vintage 30's Cotton Crazy Quilt

Since I was so busy this weekend I am posting pics from a cotton crazy that I have started since being here in Korea.

The theme is 'vintage 30s since the feature fabric is fabrics that have postcard designs from the thirties on them. I only have 5 blocks done and need to get busy. I have three ongoing UFO'S (unfinished objects) and I really need to get something done. The quilting cottons were all fabrics I purchased here in Korea at the market.











This was worked in pearl cotton. I was having a difficult time wondering what to do with a perfectly round appliqued patch and found the perfect solution in softening it with the lace collars.

3 comments:

  1. It is absolutely wonderful!! I hope one day to be as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like those peach and minty green flowers!

    Vintage 30's postcards sounds like a fun theme! I haven't make a BIG quilt for a lot of years now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lillian - I just can't stop commenting.... I want to pray for your ministry there. Please e-mail me and tell me about your mission work. -April

    ReplyDelete